So…what’s with all the fuss about Google+?
You want more traffic and want to be the go-to person when it comes to your topic?
I’m sure you’ve heard about Google+ many times but don’t know how to really get started.
There’s so many social media platforms out there. Should you even bother with Google+?
This quick 7 minute video will show you how to start getting traffic to your blog or site and in addition help you build your credibility and authority in your niche.
What I really like about Google+ is that a lot of the members in the Communities are very active and respond to comments you post. They are avid users and quite savvy in my opinion.
My tips for using Google+ and Google+ Communities:
- Start out by getting to know members of the community. Say ‘Hi’ and introduce yourself.
- Don’t spam. Every community has a moderator or moderators. They can remove you at any time if you don’t play by the rules.
- Build relationships. The aim with any social media platform is to build relationships so that you can build your credibility and authority so that your audience will see you as an expert in your field.
- Post tips. I found that a lot of the members love tips. Do this and you’re gonna get lots of people adding you to their circle and visiting your site for more.
- Ask an open ended question. It’s a great way to start a conversation. Example – “What social media tools do you use?”
- Share your posts. People don’t mind if you share your blog posts so don’t be afraid to self-promote, as long as it’s valuable and relative to the subject.
- Share other sites, blogs, videos and articles you find useful. Members will thank you for it and I’m sure the website owner will love it.
Here’s the social media infograph that I mentioned in the video which got “Pinned” over 800 times.
What do you think about Google+?
Are you already using Google+? If so, are you getting results from it?
Got any tips you can share with us?
Leave your comments just down below…